1. Home
  2. Miscellaneous
  3. License and Insurance

License and Insurance

Are you insured?

Yes, every business in the industry is required to carry what is called CGL or Commercial General Liability insurance. Without this a company cannot obtain a snow removal permit from the City of Ottawa. We are insured for $5,000,000.

Do you have a Snow Removal Permit from the City of Ottawa?

Yes, we have a City of Ottawa permit and have met all of the requirements of snow removal contractors.

What are the requirements of snow removal contractors?

All snow plow contractors licensed by the City of Ottawa are required to:

  • Have an active City of Ottawa Business License. 
  • Have a City of Ottawa snow plow numbered plate prominently affixed to every snow plow vehicle. 
  • Have a sign showing the name and telephone number of the business on both sides of every snow plow vehicle. 
  • Ensure that snow removal vehicles do not throw, push, dump or otherwise deposit snow or ice on a street.  
  • Keep a record of all contracts with the entries transcribed in ink in a clear and legible manner, or in a recording system.
Updated on August 19, 2019

Was this article helpful?

Related Articles